- Acquisitions Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Susan L. Kelsey, Florida First District Court of Appeal (2015-2016)
- Staff Attorney to Justice Tom Parker, Supreme Court of Alabama (2016-2017)
- Award for Excellence in the Study of Business Organizations
- Blackstone Legal Fellowship
Ms. Deal began her career with the firm after serving as a staff attorney to Justice Tom Parker of the Alabama Supreme Court. Ms. Deal previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Susan L. Kelsey of the Florida First District Court of Appeal. Ms. Deal practices in the areas of employment defense and professional liability defense. Ms. Deal attended Liberty University, where she graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Western Legal Traditions and an International Relations minor. She graduated cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2015, where she was Acquisitions Editor for the Alabama Law Review. During law school, Ms. Deal was involved in Alabama’s clinical law program and worked as a research assistant for Professor Heather Elliott.
Publications and Presentations
- Chapter author on groundwater rights, Alabama Water Law & Policy: A Comparative Treatise, ed. Heather Elliott, Esq. (University of Alabama Press, forthcoming 2017)