- Phi Beta Kappa
- Junior Editor, Law & Psychology Review
- Phi Alpha Delta Trial Advocacy Competition Team
Mr. Wilkinson’s practice focuses largely on the defense of employment-related cases, including pending litigation and matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, as well as a number of professional liability matters. Mr. Wilkinson also regularly advises clients on employment related issues, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and OSHA compliance. Mr. Wilkinson also practices in the defense of environmental and toxic tort cases.
When not practicing law, Mr. Wilkinson is an avid golfer, enjoys playing softball, and is an enthusiastic Atlanta Braves and Auburn football fan. Mr. Wilkinson spent each of his four years at Birmingham-Southern on the baseball team as a pitcher and regularly follows the Panther’s progress each spring.
Publications and Presentations
- "Eighth Amendment Protections in Capital Proceedings Against the Intellectually Disabled: Assessing State Methods of Class Protection Through the Lens of Hall v. Florida", Law & Psychology Review, Vol. 40 (2016): 321-44.
- Chapter author on federal regulatory schemes affecting Alabama watershed management, Alabama Water Law & Policy: A Comparative Treatise, ed. Heather Elliott, Esq. (University of Alabama Press, forthcoming 2017)
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section